find me here
speak to me
i want to feel you
i need to hear you
you are the light
that is leading me
to the place where
i find peace again
you are the strength
that keeps me walking
you are the hope
that keeps me trusting
you are the life to my soul
you are my purpose
you are everything
and how can i
stand here with you
and not be moved by you
would you tell me
how could it be
any better than this
you calm the storms
you give me rest
you hold me in your hands
you won’t let me fall
you still my heart
and you take my breath away
would you take me in
would you take me deeper now
’cause you’re all i want
you are all i need
you are everything
- 447. Watching the joy on my son’s face as he discovered the wonder of all the musical instruments in my Dad’s music room.
- 448. Seeing J5 run to his grandparents without reserve though it had been a few months since seeing them.
- 449. J5 sleeping the night through in the hotel. A miracle.
- 450. Watching my not so little nephew perform magic card tricks.
- 451. Seeing my niece beam with pride as she showed me her new “teen room”, complete with many shades of pink and purple, adorned with Hannah Montana photos and cool art.
- 452. Spending time in my sister’s newly redesigned basement – you did some good work there sis!
- 453. Perfectly cooked medium well steak, creamy cheesy potato casserole, melt in your mouth melon, sangria…shall I go on?
- 454. The blessing of hand-me-down toys. They’re new to J5 and that’s all that matters!
- 455. Fun with new technology.
- 456. A site to keep you surfing uber-geekdom for a really long time
- 457. Hearing J5’s belly laugh as he experienced his first car wash. A little terror mixed in with the excitement. Daddy likened it to a roller coaster ride.
- 458. The opportunity to help a friend’s band get their first video. (If you feel like helping out, pick Elyzium!).
- 459. The fun of charts and graphs and calendars and all sorts of delightful things to help me get a grip on the chaos.
- 460. Being back home. There’s nothing like it.
- 461. The ability to share a laugh (for those of us who lived and loved and worked in the 80’s).
Another great video by Skillet.
This is my prayer tonight. The video I’ve included is just to make the sharing of the song easier – there isn’t a “real” music video available that I can find, but I pray you listen to the words, more than the pretty pictures anyway.
My friend, Heather, posted the video Undo, by Rush of Fools on her blog today. It has been a while since I have been brought to immediate crushing humbling tears.
The chorus says,
Turn me around pick me up
Undo what I’ve become
Bring me back to the place
Of forgiveness and grace
I need You, need Your help
I can’t do this myself
You’re the only one who can undo
What I’ve become
Father, only you know why I keep returning to my sin, returning to the pit. Only you can undo what I’ve become. I surrender. I submit. I need you. Forgive me. Heal me. I can’t do it. I just can’t.
…about electronic music. J5 told me about this guy, Ishkur, that created this site to map out the history and splintering of electronic music.
Poke around! You can spend hours in there!
PS – I knew 8 of the 9 Synthpop songs. Hellllloooo ’80s!
Some songs just hit my heart. I found one tonight that I haven’t heard in a very, very long time. It’s on a compilation album called “Streams”. “Sanctuary” by Chris Rodriguez.
God is so good.