Got a note about this one today from the This Week on TED newsletter. Just had to share. It’s a great reminder. One I will try to put into action tonight! 🙂
Though it’s still difficult to talk about, I wanted to share here that we found out on Wednesday that I have miscarried. While we wait for the physical eventualities, I am going to remain somewhat offline for a while.
Thanks for understanding.
I’m choosing to do a gratitude post today because what I really want to do is whine and complain about being miserably sick (along with my 2 1/2 year old…) on my birthday, but I know that’s not the graceful way out of this particular “down time”.
One Thousand Gifts – Part 84
- 686. My mom’s health prayer/mantra “The healing power of Jesus is working in me, and I am getting better and better each day.”
- 687. The kindness of a coworker (and friend) to bring me hot chicken soup and Starbucks coffee.
- 688. That J5 is feeling good enough to dance on the couch along with the teddy bear on Teletubbies (even though I’ve told him not to!).
- 689. The humidity that I normally despise, which is now keeping J5’s lungs moist enough to not develop croup.
- 690. A seriously sweet birthday card from J4.
- 691. My new iPod nano! (Thanks hon!)
- 692. A new book to inspire change in me.
- 693. eCards from friends and family.
- 694. The temp outside is cool enough to have refreshing breezes in through the open window.
- 695. J5’s delight in the Disney shows we’ve got on our DVR so he’s letting me recuperate without too much strain.
- 531. The exhaustion of a really hard day of physical labor
- 532. (Ok, so this one is a blessing, but it isn’t fun or happy. It’s just something I need to absorb.) A 6-part message on gluttony. It’s a powerful study so far, and I would love to hear feedback from anyone who reads it.
- 533. J5 was a good boy for Grandma and Grandpa P all day while J4 and I worked on emptying out the garage.
- 534. Having someone else pick up dinner.
- 535. J4 and I reconnecting with an old friend for dinner and great conversation
- 536. A few hours of grown-up time with my best friend (J4)
- 537. The power of godly conviction
- 538. Forgiveness
- 539. Another great night with the Chix
- 540. Flannel sheets