Goals for this next year:
- #IRL2017 – Extract myself from the majority of social media platforms, connect with the people around me F2F. This also includes offline forms of entertainment, more reading, drawing, and resting.
- #Unsweetened2017 – Go sugar free / low carb. Ease myself away from the Diabetes diagnosis.
- #Move2017 – Make movement a daily thing – Find what I love, and what I like and just do it
- #Minimally2017 – Embrace minimalism – Let go of the stuff that I don’t love or need
The nice thing about these is I don’t have a marked “I started here, and I will end over there” goal. These are just lights in the sky to give me something to look up at to give me a general direction when I get a bit lost in the noise.
The holiday season is all about the noise.
2016 has been an intense year.
I’ve realized I don’t daydream, or imagine things about my future. I’ve spent a lot of my life working to prepare defensive strategies and prevent failure as best as I can. It really is exhausting, and I’ve also realized that shit’s gonna happen no matter what I do.
Only I can do my best work.
So, I’m working out some thoughts out loud.
I have things I want to do. Time to dream, time to set some direction.
I know it will take baby steps, but without a direction, I’m bunny hopping in circles.
Some ideas for my future aim:
- Take a FB/Twitter/etc. hiatus – Replace with F2F connection, offline activities
- Go sugar free – Back away from the Diabetes diagnosis
- Make movement a daily thing – Find what I love, and what I like and just do it
- Embrace minimalism – Let go of the stuff that I don’t love or need
I don’t know that I’m setting any resolutions, but I guess this is close. Looking forward to a reboot.