491. Our precious little 2 year old. We celebrated his birthday this weekend with family and a few close friends and J5 had a wonderful time. I am so grateful for his health and vitality. He’s the sweetest soul. I am amazed at how pure and genuine he is.
492. God’s eternal grace. I only have to look back a short way on my blog to see records of how many times I fall down and get up and fall yet again. Each day is a day of learning. God has more patience than I can even imagine. As a parent, I am learning what it takes to grow a human. I am so grateful that it’s his bottomless grace that overrides my track record. I am SO human. I fail left and right and it doesn’t stop his pursuit of me. His determination to not let me fall into yet another pit I’ve stumbled towards.
493. Music. I have had many words built up in my head and heart and sometimes music is the only thing that can get things out before I explode. Jeremy Camp is currently hitting the spot. Especially “Take My Life“.
494. John. I’m so proud of him. He just got a great promotion and raise! He’s such a hard worker and I’m so very grateful that he is currently working for a company that values his skill and compensates accordingly!
495. Celebratory traditions. We celebrate our achievements by going out for dinner at Applebee’s. It started back in the macaroni-and-cheese days of our life together. It’s just one of those things that is “us” and I LOVE it!!
496. Dog snores.
497. Sleepy mumbles above the quiet hiss of the baby monitor.