- 506. Sunny cool autumn mornings
- 507. Back stretches
- 508. Good friends
- 509. Worthy causes
- 510. Blessings of health
- 511. Opportunities to make a difference
- 512. Second (and third, and fourth) chances
- 513. An chance to honor God
- 514. Fresh air
- 515. Happy laughter
- 501. Forgiveness. Realizing that it’s a gift to forgive. A gift to myself as much as (or more than) it is to the forgiven.
Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.
- 502. The relief of having the meal plan figured out for the next week. It is one of my most dreaded tasks. Finally getting it done feels so good.
- 503. Reconciliation
- 504. The kindness of others to my son
- 505. Family
- 491. Our precious little 2 year old. We celebrated his birthday this weekend with family and a few close friends and J5 had a wonderful time. I am so grateful for his health and vitality. He’s the sweetest soul. I am amazed at how pure and genuine he is.
- 492. God’s eternal grace. I only have to look back a short way on my blog to see records of how many times I fall down and get up and fall yet again. Each day is a day of learning. God has more patience than I can even imagine. As a parent, I am learning what it takes to grow a human. I am so grateful that it’s his bottomless grace that overrides my track record. I am SO human. I fail left and right and it doesn’t stop his pursuit of me. His determination to not let me fall into yet another pit I’ve stumbled towards.
- 493. Music. I have had many words built up in my head and heart and sometimes music is the only thing that can get things out before I explode. Jeremy Camp is currently hitting the spot. Especially “Take My Life“.
- 494. John. I’m so proud of him. He just got a great promotion and raise! He’s such a hard worker and I’m so very grateful that he is currently working for a company that values his skill and compensates accordingly!
- 495. Celebratory traditions. We celebrate our achievements by going out for dinner at Applebee’s. It started back in the macaroni-and-cheese days of our life together. It’s just one of those things that is “us” and I LOVE it!!
- 496. Dog snores.
- 497. Sleepy mumbles above the quiet hiss of the baby monitor.
- 498. Flannel sheets.
- 499. Water when I am thirsty.
- 500. Making it half way to 1000!!
Ok, so maybe not around the world, but you can probably make a lot of progress on your health in 80 days! Come join us! The Healthy For the Holidays 2007 is still running strong! Please don’t let the date range dissuade you! If you start today, you still have 80 days to make a difference in your health!
You can increase your energy, get better sleep, and strengthen your immune system. All by increasing your activity in some way!
- Click HERE to see the original post with the details.
- Click HERE to see the other participants and their progress.
Email me if you want to join!
Today, it’s going to be about Remaining in Christ. My quiet time this morning was me asking God a bunch of “How?” questions. How do I do what he wants me to do? I am most comfortable when I have things under control. If I let go of control, chaos ensues. Or at least it will in my realm. So, I asked God how I was supposed to both let go of my control-freakiness AND stay responsible and accomplish the things that are mine to do.
The answer I got? “Remain in Me”
Tamera wrote this morning about words. This was another thing God was teaching me out of my reading this morning (Psalm 59:12, 16). My words are one way that sin makes its way into action. Speaking sinfully is sin. I know that it can start even earlier, but this is one way it sneaks in that I’m feeling particularly attuned to this morning.
I don’t think I can remain in Him AND say things that are sinful, negative, hurtful, condemning (including self-condemning) or defeatist. I like Tamera’s idea of a focusing bracelet. I’ve done that before. And have removed it when it stops being a reminder.
What do you want to prayerfully remember today?
I recently had another dethroning of one of my idols. I have the tendency to look for people who have what I want and idolize them. A fitter body, a cleaner house, a more faithful devotional life.
One by one, my idols have fallen out of my grace. It’s no fault of their own. They are after all, just human. God is just letting me see their humanity, sometimes in rather painful ways, in order to get my attention. You see, He’s the one I’m supposed to be following. He does not want to share my focus. He is a jealous God.
The hard part for me of course is that I like rules. I like the freedom of feeling like all will be well if I just follow the “rules” provided by [insert guru of your choice here]. I want to be guaranteed that if I do A, B and C, I will be rewarded with X, Y, and Z. But I am learning that life is not like that. At least not in the tangible. God does give promises, but what he promises is not about things or activities or circumstances. It’s about His presence, His protection, His control.
So, I am once again seeking to fill a recently vacated position of leadership in my life. I know God is the only candidate, but I’m going to have to adapt the position to suit.
Poverty has not been my experience, but God has allowed in the lives of each of us some sort of loss, the withdrawal of something we valued, in order that we may learn to offer ourselves a little more willingly, to allow the touch of death on one more thing we have clutched so tightly, and thus know fullness and freedom and joy that much sooner. We’re not naturally inclined to love God and seek His Kingdom. Trouble may help to incline us – that is, it may tip us over, put some pressure on us, lean us in the right direction.
– Elisabeth Elliot, in Keep a Quiet Heart, p. 39
- 471. This week’s insanely BEAUTIFUL weather.
- 472. An emotionally charged debate on the use of the word “perfect”.
- 473. A mom who still is ready to jump all over anyone who hurts her kids’ feelings.
- 474. My husband. I can’t adequately convey here just how wonderful he is to me, so I’ll have to go for repetition!
- 475. Christ-following friends that happen to also be coworkers.
- 476. My beautiful little boy, who is quickly approaching the big T-W-O.
- 477. A God-send in the form of a friend and fellow blogger who has taken a huge burden from my shoulders, and been very patient with me as we both get our bearings.
- 478. The dethroning of yet another of my human idols. I often forget that we’re all human and my devotion, adoration and worship is to be given to the only One who deserves it.
- 479. Cool evening breezes to cool the house.
- 480. Weekends
I would like to apologize for the frequent changes to my blog template. I am anxiously awaiting a new custom design and in the meantime I just keep playing around with the existing templates. I will try to stop now. 🙂
Welcome to the Healthy for the Holidays 2007 Exercise Challenge!
The guidelines & plans are simple:
- You want to do something to improve your health
- You’d like to set a goal for yourself to be measured between now and the upcoming holidays.
- You want to have fun and share your progress with others who are working right along side you!
- The Challenge will run from September 10 – December 9 (90-days)
- I will post any tickers you care to share on the H4H status page
- Reply to this post in order to join in. I will email you the button code to link to the status page.
- You can set whatever challenge you want for your self – miles walked, pounds lost, minutes exercised – it’s up to you!
- (I’ll add extra stuff here as we go – in case questions come up.)
Disclaimer stuff: Always consult a physician prior to doing any new exercise, diet, etc. I’m not responsible for any crazy stuff anyone chooses to do that results in injuries, and the like. Also, I reserve the right to remove anything from my blog that is inappropriate.
- 462. That I have been blessed with the desire to continue my exercise regimen even though the deadline for the challenge has passed.
- 463. Being reminded that being grateful is as much a part of obedience as not sinning.
- 464. Being thought of as nice.
- 465. Having the ability to choose my actions.
- 466. Renewed connection with some old TW Friends via their new forum.
- 467. A very full week.
- 468. My mom being willing to come and help me out even though she’s as busy as I am!!
- 469. Plans for coffee and conversation with a dear friend.
- 470. A cozy bed waiting for me as soon as I finish this list for tonight.