“I am God’s child for I am born again of the incorruptible seed of the Word of God which lives and abides forever.” TW p125
For you have been born again, but not to a life that will quickly end. Your new life will last forever because it comes from the eternal, living word of God.
1 Peter 1:23
Well, to be honest, this one is starting out a little dry for me. I think I need to read some of the context.
Verse 21 says, “Through Christ you have come to trust in God. And you have placed your faith and hope in God because he raised Christ from the dead and gave him great glory.”
Christ is the connect to God. It is my acceptance of the gift of Christ’s death that puts this all in to action. It’s honestly hard for me to read and truly *feel* anything about being born again, as I was raised “in the church” and so I don’t have a powerful conversion experience, or any one event or timeline that shows the “before Christ” and “after Christ” Lundie.
That doesn’t mean I am excluded. It does not mean I am not born again. It just means I will need to study and understand and contemplate it more, I think. I do believe in Christ and what he did to save me. I have been given a new life. I want to be converted to this new being. I know that I already *am* this new being, but I want my outsides to reflect it as well.
My new life has its source in the Word of God, so the more I am in it, the more my new being will be fed.
In the book Thin Within there is a list of scripture that tells Who I am In Christ. I am not sure where this list initially came from as it’s just a list based on scripture, but I wanted to give credit for it now as I plan to post a scripture a day from this list and really think about what these identities mean, should mean, don’t mean to me.
They are on pages 125-127 of Thin Within. I will probably be using a variety of versions of the Bible to understand what the verses mean to me. I will definitely be using the Bible Gateway to do this research.
[ETA this list so BK can preview 🙂 And will link to each of the discussions…of course]
- …God’s child for I am born again of the incorruptible seed of the Word of God which lives and abides forever – 1 Peter 1:23
- …forgiven of all my sins and washed in the blood – Eph. 1:7
- …a new creature – 2 Cor 5:17
- …a temple of the Holy Spirit – 1 Cor. 6:19
- …delivered from the power of darkness and transformed into God’s kingdom – Col. 1:13
- …redeemed from the curse of the law – Gal 3:13
- …strong in the Lord – Eph 6:10
- …holy and without blame before Him – Eph 1:4
- …accepted in Christ – Eph 1:6
- …blessed – Deut 28:1-14
- …a saint – Rom 1:17
- …qualified to share in His inheritance – Col 1:12
- …the head and not the tail; I am above only and not beneath – Deut 28:13
- …victorious – Rev 21:7
- …dead to sin – Rom 5:2, 11
- …elect – Col 3:12
- …loved with an everlasting love – Jer 31:3
- …established to the end – 1 Cor 18:8
- …set free – John 8:31-33
- …circumcised with the circumcision made without hands – Col 2:11
- …alive with Christ – Eph 2:5
- …raised up with Christ an seated in heavenly places – Col 2:12
- …His faithful follower – Eph 5:1
- …the light of the world – Matt 5:14
- …the salt of the earth – Matt 5:13
- …called of God – 2 Tim 1:9
- …brought near by the blood of Christ – Eph 2:13
- …more than a conqueror – Rom 8:37
- …in Christ Jesus by His doing – 1 Cor 1:30