- 296. Blog posts that strike home a little too closely, but are soooo good for me to hear. Here and here.
- 297. Early success in a new program I’m involved in for my health – fills me with hope that God really DOES take an active interest in me.
- 298. The health and life of my son. Reminded how frail and precious a gift his life is.
- 299. A loving husband who helps with the dishes after dinner
- 300. My employers – good Christian guys who love God and do all they can to be family to all of us
I’m down 4 lbs. in the 3 days I’ve been doing Thin Within. It is so easy for me to try to dismiss this as simple fluctuations in my weight, but I think it’s more.
The first two days of the book are really inspiring to me. I read this book before, back in August 2004. I wrote in my book back then. I can see some real differences in what I’m noting and underlining. This time, it’s more about what I can learn about God from this process, and less about what *I* need to do.
I had a lightbulb moment this morning. It’s about God and me. And even more clearly, it’s about Him. About how awesome He is. And I mean awesome in the “totally cool wow” sense – not just the church language sense. I am feeling a sense of relief in this process. Like I am actually resting in Him for a time. I know I’m going to try to pick back up and control things – it’s just a matter of time before that part of me tries to reassert itself, but I hope to recognize it and stop it.
I have yet to read Day 3 – my morning just sort of flew by before I realized it was time to work. But I’ll get there. And I am excited about what I am going to learn.