- Markings, Dag Hammarskjold– I found out about this book from an army chaplain‘s blog I talked about back in November.
- [Finished February 2007]
Danger in the Shadows, Dee Henderson
- [Finished March 2007]
Get Out of That Pit!: Straight Talk about God’s Deliverance, Beth Moore
- Before I Wake, Dee Henderson
– In process
- Praying God’s Word Day by Day, Beth Moore– Need to purchase
- Seventh-day Adventists Believe, General Conference Ministerial Department– Received this for Christmas.
- [Finished February 2007]
Cause of Death, Patricia Cornwell
New Testament from “The One Year Bible: Arranged in 365 Daily Readings (New Living Translation)”– Will be reading the NT only, though will probably also read the Psalms and Proverbs along with it because the tidbits each day aren’t that long.– Got behind in my reading when I got sick for a couple of weeks. Too discouraging to try to catch up. Perhaps next year…
- Mere Christianity, C.S. Lewis– I may actually borrow a friends version on CD instead of “reading” it but I’ll still count it and review it. 🙂
- God’s Gift, Dee Henderson– Reprint of Dee’s 2nd novel. I look forward to reading it…
- Sisterchicks On The Loose, Robin Jones Gunn– MOG Book of the Month for March 2007
EASTERTIDE: Prayers for Lent Through Easter from The Divine Hours, Phyllis Tickle– I found out about The Divine Hour books from someone’s blog a while ago. You can read the prayers online four (or five) different times during the day. I bought the book so I could have it on my nightstand in the morning and in the evening instead of having to print out the prayers to carry around. I really like it. I have to say, so far I haven’t read them at every “office” but try to get most of them. I’ll be reading them throughout the year in other books as well.Read about 1/3 of the office and they really fed me spiritually at the time, but I have lost the rhythm with them. They will stay in my library in case they fit my need again. The Divine Hours: Prayers for Springtime, Phyllis Tickle– This book of prayers encompasses February to May. I will not be reading the whole thing this year. I will finish the EASTERTIDE (See above) until Easter, and then pick up in this one for the appropriate dates.See explanation above.
- [Finished April 2007]
Velvet Elvis, Rob Bell
- Thin Within, Judy & Arthur Halliday– ON HOLD for completion of Thin Again.
– The book that launched a really amazing weight loss program. Designed to be read in 30 days. Started 4/1. Should be completed this month. I’ve joined the Yahoo Group that was created for those reading the book.
- Men Are Like Waffles – Women Are Like Spaghetti, Bill & Pam Farrel
– ON HOLD
- Thin Again, Judy & Arthur Halliday– In process. Book written before Thin Within that addresses some of the emotional reasons behind eating.