- 131. I am grateful for the willingness to continue this list until I complete it, rather than giving up because the year has ended!
- 132. The feeling of freshness in all the wonderful inspirational mommy blogs I read on a daily basis
- 133. My wonderful husband
- 134. Leftover family dinners with the in-laws
- 135. Seeing my son run giggling to his grandma with open arms, then back to grandpa, then back to grandma
- 136. Getting back to routine, with the idea and hope of improving it – Thanks again FlyLady!
- 137. The way Google blog, and documents, and home and Picasa all work together. Great techie fun!
- Markings, Dag Hammarskjold– I found out about this book from an army chaplain‘s blog I talked about back in November.
- [Finished February 2007]
Danger in the Shadows, Dee Henderson
- [Finished March 2007]
Get Out of That Pit!: Straight Talk about God’s Deliverance, Beth Moore
- Before I Wake, Dee Henderson
– In process
- Praying God’s Word Day by Day, Beth Moore– Need to purchase
- Seventh-day Adventists Believe, General Conference Ministerial Department– Received this for Christmas.
- [Finished February 2007]
Cause of Death, Patricia Cornwell
New Testament from “The One Year Bible: Arranged in 365 Daily Readings (New Living Translation)”– Will be reading the NT only, though will probably also read the Psalms and Proverbs along with it because the tidbits each day aren’t that long.– Got behind in my reading when I got sick for a couple of weeks. Too discouraging to try to catch up. Perhaps next year…
- Mere Christianity, C.S. Lewis– I may actually borrow a friends version on CD instead of “reading” it but I’ll still count it and review it. 🙂
- God’s Gift, Dee Henderson– Reprint of Dee’s 2nd novel. I look forward to reading it…
- Sisterchicks On The Loose, Robin Jones Gunn– MOG Book of the Month for March 2007
EASTERTIDE: Prayers for Lent Through Easter from The Divine Hours, Phyllis Tickle– I found out about The Divine Hour books from someone’s blog a while ago. You can read the prayers online four (or five) different times during the day. I bought the book so I could have it on my nightstand in the morning and in the evening instead of having to print out the prayers to carry around. I really like it. I have to say, so far I haven’t read them at every “office” but try to get most of them. I’ll be reading them throughout the year in other books as well.Read about 1/3 of the office and they really fed me spiritually at the time, but I have lost the rhythm with them. They will stay in my library in case they fit my need again. The Divine Hours: Prayers for Springtime, Phyllis Tickle– This book of prayers encompasses February to May. I will not be reading the whole thing this year. I will finish the EASTERTIDE (See above) until Easter, and then pick up in this one for the appropriate dates.See explanation above.
- [Finished April 2007]
Velvet Elvis, Rob Bell
- Thin Within, Judy & Arthur Halliday– ON HOLD for completion of Thin Again.
– The book that launched a really amazing weight loss program. Designed to be read in 30 days. Started 4/1. Should be completed this month. I’ve joined the Yahoo Group that was created for those reading the book.
- Men Are Like Waffles – Women Are Like Spaghetti, Bill & Pam Farrel
– ON HOLD
- Thin Again, Judy & Arthur Halliday– In process. Book written before Thin Within that addresses some of the emotional reasons behind eating.
Though I have not typically done any New Year’s resolutions, I was inspired by Laurel Wreath’s New Year’s Meditations. As of January 1, Laurel will have a “Mr. Linky” set up so you can read many other similar bloggings.
So, without further ado, here are my thoughts, dreams, prayers, hopes and wishes for 2007:
- More God. I want my day to start with me jumping on his God-sized lap for a “Good Morning!”, and heading off to my day having had a full meal for my soul.
- Less Lundie. I want to respond to God’s nudging with obedience all the way to victory. This can and will be most clearly reflected in my relationship with and behavior towards food.
- Friends, friends and more friends! I want much more interaction with all our good friends that have been neglected for any number of (and no good) reasons. (We started with sleep deprivation [new baby], and ended up with overall busyness and stress, but it’s time for that to go!)
- Good books. I want an ambitious and completed 2007 Book List!
- Love unleashed. I withhold so much of myself from others out of fear and doubt and lack of trust and faith. This year I want to throw caution to the wind and love like it’s goin’ out of style! It’s the one commandment that matters.
- A church home and a church family.
- And, as always, health and happiness with and for my most wonderful husband and son!