- The happy-looking-forward feeling that is surrounds the starting of a new job!
- That I made the right and most impactful decision of my life in 1992. I am choosing to take full ownership of the good decisions I made in the most difficult time in my life.
- That this list is complete. As much as I feel that taking the time to renew my awareness of the aspects of my life that are positive can be beneficial and therapeutic, I find that the forcing of a state of gratitude when my spirit isn’t in that place is drudgery. In fact, if I can’t “drum up” any non-standard (home and family) answers, the result is I feel worse. That being said, I take a moment to be proud of myself for completing the list and not just dropping it!
The winds of change do blow. Yesterday I closed a chapter in my life. Left a company I was with for 10 years. At the beginning of next month I will start a new job, with a new company. I have been somewhat quiet over the past several weeks because it has taken a great deal of my energy to make that kind of huge, deliberate change. One of the things I have said repeatedly is “why anyone would churn up life like this on purpose is beyond me”. But yet here I am, doing exactly that.
There are enough obstacles in life to what I dream of doing, I do not need to be one of those obstacles. Honoring my gut, honoring my heart and soul, and making the decisions and changes that I simply know need to be made. That’s how it happened.
Watching other people in my life do the brave things, and make the changes that need to be made, has made it all the more possible for me to have the courage to do the same. In all my time of making sure I have been following rules and doing what I’m supposed to be doing, it is finally becoming truth to me that the only one who can really judge what I’m supposed to be doing is me. There is a huge weight lifted (and a lot of martyrdom purged) by doing what I know in my gut I need to do. I’m grateful for that gut-knowledge, and hope to get better at listening to it.
- The winds of change
- Heat. It’s freakin’ cold out.
- Flannel sheets.
- The seasonal guilty pleasure of Sprite Cranberry Zero
- Wednesday night dinner out with my guys
- Sleep, blessed sleep
- Lunch with my BFF
– Shopping at my favorite store (this is huge as I hate shopping)
– Vacation planning!!
- An uneventful day to try to counter the stress of this last week
- Time to binge catch up on a newly addictive show
- “Falling Back”
- A successful 3rd grade Halloween Party
- Toasty and tasty chili, made by a friend, as comfort food after Trick-or-Treating
- The anticipation of sleeping in!
- It’s almost Friday
- Those fun little moments when I look over at J4 doing something completely routine and think “Wow! Yeah, I really LIKE this guy…”
- 9-year-olds and their endearing weird little ways
- For as much as I resist change to my core, I am thankful for a change of perspective, for those moments when all the struggle and frustration of battles in my head ease, and I see something differently. For those moments of clarity, I am grateful.
- Roasted pumpkin seeds
- Those true, close friends that make life better